Thursday, July 12, 2012

"Zephyr" Mini Album + Quick Paper Bag Page Tutorial

It's a Breeze Mini Album - Prima's new summer release!! 

Hi Everyone! Here's some photo's of the fun & easy {plus GORGEOUS} Zephry Mini Album we made on  last Tuesday's Live With Prima (LWP) class (July 10th - click here to see the last part of the show)! And big super squeezy hugs to all you  LWP viewers -- you all make the show super fun and exciting for me!! Thank you!! 

*warning photo heavy*













And BONUS.. yay! At the end of this post is a quick "How-To Create YOUR Paper Bag Page" mini album!! Enjoy! I also did a LWP UStream showing how to make these paper bag pages: click here!

Simple Supplies: 
  • paper bag (3 1/2 in x 2 in x 6 3/4 in was used for this project - Celebrate It Bags)
  • scissors, double-sided tape (tacky tape), bone folder, XL eyelets for binding and gorgeous Prima papers & embellishments

Step 1: 
- Cut off the two corners of the top of your bag (see pict A below). 
- Cut one end first and use the cut off piece as template to use to cut off next corner for even look! :) 
- Fold over top edge of paper bag and use bone folder to make nice clean fold. 
Optional: For the Zephry mini album pages, I folded both (front and back) top edges.

[A]
   


Step 2: 
- Add double sided tacky tape on top and bottom edge of paper bag (bottom flap) of bag (see photo). This creates a simple super cute pocket!
- Your done prep-ing your bag!! Easy right!!?!? :)  Now just cover your bag with gorgeous Prima papers! Again... to see a video on how I cover my bags click here!

[B]



Step 3: 
- For binding your mini album pages: Add two extra large eyelets on front of your page. This allows your binding rings to move smoothly while you turn your gorgeous pages!! The photo below shows the eyelets on the back of the page either way is ok! Do what works for you!! PLay!! 
I use We R Memory Maker eyelets. Google search and buy!

 [C]

That's it! Easy right!! :) Hope this helps!! :)

And... What?!! You've never seen a LWP UStream?!! Yikes!! It's really easy to login and crazy fun to join in on the chats too! The best part is -- its FREE!!! Watch your Prima Educator's create and don't forget there's always a GIVEAWAY at the end of the show :)  

 



23 comments:

  1. Hi Steph.

    Another gorgeous project! Congratulations on making the Prima team! Super excited. Now I get to see more of your inspiring ideas! When you do your live Ustream, it's 3:30am here in South Africa. I am most probably never gonna watch it live, but look forward to your recordings. Got to see this mini.... or the last 18min of it.

    Big Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow inspiring beautiful new design the papers are gorgeous.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album is very magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS Steff! Love the colours of that paperline! Shame I didn't get to see the Ustream but I am not sure of the time difference!
    TFS hugs Alyson x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another absolutely fun and gorgeous album! I love watching your videos Steph! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. love the colors and embellishments used! What eyelets do you use? Stunningly gorgeous. Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous. Beautiful summer colours and details, i loved it.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and am so impressed! This project is to die for! Will be watching the video later and hopefully making one, also!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited - I want to do this so bad I could spit!!! I am so glad I found you. Right now I am a little incapacitated because I broke my left hip a couple of weeks ago. But it won't be long before I will be up and around and I love this project!!!! Will I be able to keep this on my computer for a good while - sure do hope so. Thanks a bunch!!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stephanie, beautiful mini album. I love the bright colors and all the cute charms ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stephanie, I adore your minis but this one is MEGA Gorgeous. WOW!!! Love the colors, the paper is beautiful and so are the embellishments wow wow wow....Thank you for being an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mini is so beautiful!!! Love the way you place hidden journal spots throughout the pages. I'm am definitely trying my hand on this one. Thanks for such great inspiration and projects you share with us. Looking forward to seeing another of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stephanie!! I was so excited when you called my name-actually is my dogs name-on the live show!! Your finished album is so beautiful!! I can't wait to buy this paper collection and embellishment!! Thank you so much for your beautiful album!! Mariko

    ReplyDelete
  14. All you minis are gorgeous! Love, love, love it!
    GloriaH

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woaw ! cute and beautiful summer mini !! Love the colours and the details ( flowers, bling bling).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mini's are always so inspiring and beautiful Steph!! It makes me want to bust out my little white bags and start one right now!!! Thank you for all of your tips and wonderful videos!! Cant wait to see this Prima line of papers up close and personal at CHA!!
    Big Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. STUNNING!!! Always a Pleasure! Was this Ustream class taped? I would love to follow along & do this Mini. Tfs your WONDERFUL Creations! Hugs! Traci ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay so i just got wind of your u tube and blog LOVE IT! !!!but i guess im just to darn .fussy can you tell me about how far up you put you eyelets in from the bottom and on.each side .i have the same bags as u
    thank you for the stunning work
    dianamolinaro@yahoo.com
    see you dont even have to look up my email
    im in the middle if makeing mine so if you could answer soon i would be oh so.grateful
    hugs diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love all your journals and albums. You have exquisite taste and you are so creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish your whole LWP class recorded instead of the last minutes. I love watching your thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The items you sell might not require a complicated design on the carrier bag. Let's the charm operate with simplicity and think about White Paper Carrier Bags. Your logo or your brand name can sit here elegantly without anything to compromise the reading.

    White Paper Carrier Bags

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another one of your exquisite projects! Love the papers and embellishments! What a smart method! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Steff, I keep watching your videos over and over. You are my kind of crafter...no measuring haha
    I love the results you end up with...gorgeous work. I hope you make more soon. I missed you on
    ustream this month and hope all is well. Thank you for sharing your talent and your projects. keep
    them coming.
    bearhugs,Mildred

    ReplyDelete